Atelier d'écriture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Atelier d'écriture

Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerDernières imagesConnexion
-21%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, Collection Botanique
39.59 € 49.99 €
Voir le deal

Do you write in english?

4 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Victor
Accro au forum ? Oui, pourquoi ?
Victor

Masculin Nombre de messages : 559
Loisirs : Karaté

Do you write in english? Empty
MessageSujet: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 14:30

Er...Here's the topic where you have to write an english text.
It's not flood !!! Evil or Very Mad
So, if you want to write something in english, anything, you can! We will try to correct you( I said "try").
You can make yourself better in english with this topic. Nobody will laugh at you.
Just try Very Happy

"You can always find me in the drift"
Pacific Rim

"To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities."
Bruce Lee

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://ecrire.forumactif.org/espace-personnel-des-membres-f43/es
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 16:47

Ohhh, hum....erf....arf...eu...I'am...eu..... end Very Happy
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3518

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 17:08

Hmm..yeahh !! ^^ glad you've finally created this topic.
I think I have a text I wrote last year,inspired by the Trojan War. I'll try to find it and to post it (today if everything is okay)
https://roxannetardel.wordpress.com/
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 17:33

I have found !! ^^
wel,it's not the best I can do but I quite like this one.

Kalio glanced at the young man in front of him. He was tall, broad-shouldered. His shoulder-length curled dark hair and his black beard made an odd contrast with his clear and cold blue eyes, giving him a hard gaze.The soldier was wearing a a thick and carved breastplate with a knee-length green chiton. An axe was fixed on his back and a sword belted at his side. On his heavily muscled arms the boy saw many old scars. "He must be a great warrior", Kalio thought with a thrill. Then he walked alongside him behind the crenellated rampart.
"How do you feel lad?" the soldier asked.
"Scared".
"I know that", he nodded. "I feel the same each time".
"Really? "asked Kalio surprised.
The powerful man smiled. "Aye, a battle is always is terrifying. But think you won't fight only for new lands and wealth. You will fight for what you believe in, for your king, for freedom. And for glory."
"I am not a soldier. I don't believe in such things", answered Kalio.
"Then fight for you and your family", he said harshly.
The man turned a cold gaze on him but his voice remains friendly. "Come on boy! Stay with me and I will protect you."
"How old are you?" asked the lad suddendly.
"Twenty-five." After a while he added. "Do not care about age though. It is not as important as skills -and a good sword. I have both. Stay by my side and nothing will happen to you." Then he glanced back where an arrow had been sent on the wall. "Now fetch me my helmet. Quickly."
Kalio ran swiftly while the might warrior took his round shield reinforced in bronze and his heavy spear. Another arrow was shot, touching Kalio in the chest. But his leather breastplate stopped the shaft a bit. The young soldier swore and threw his spear into an opponent warrior's throat. Blood spread over him. The defense of the king's Lions was strong and well-disciplined thus they contained all the assaults.
The fight was quickly ended and the Thrakians retreated from the walls. There were a few deaths in the Lions' rows and many wounded. "How many will be there next time?", thought Avaam. Sadness grew in his heart but he caught a glimpse of the young lad, Kalio, laying a few steps away. The arrow was not deeply thrust and he had no serious wounds. Hence he would survive. Avaam found himself thanking the gods. Pulling off his helmet he knelt by his side.
"Do not move lad. Your strength will come back soon". He tried to look calm but the pain on the boy's face moved him. He may not be over sixteen years-old and already aware of the horrors of war. He had seen the fight in all its ugly reality: blood, injured and mutilated men, cries, wounds. Avaam sighed and reached a jug a soldier had left. "Take some water" he ordered. Kalio thanked him, drinking deeply. He breathed with difficulty and did not seem to be able to keep his eyes open. Then the man saw the body lain on his right, a curved dagger in the eye. The second dagger was in Kalio's fist.
"Good boy. You are brave", he said pulling off the blade from his hand. "But do not struggle -and sleep. You'll heal faster." The boy gave him a shy smile and obeyed. Avaam rose while two streachers moved him away.
The soldier saw his comrades exultant now for they had vanquished the ennemy.Their spirits were high, though it was not over. He could still hear the warriors who stood outside. They had come to slay the men, rape the women and slavery would be the survivors' fate. As a Trojan soldier Avaam coulds not permit this. Anger rose in him when he realised the boy may never been allowed to stand on the rampart. Moreover the Lions needed no help. Something struck his heart as he reminded the day when he had joigned the army. "You are so proud", father had said. "Sometimes it is a quality but this is your weakness. Do not let pride lead yout life. Help is not a shame and a man must know when he needs somenone by his side."
Yet Avaam thought they may need more soldiers finally. But nobody was available. The Thrakians were tough fighters and the fortress so wide...Eversince the beginning of the siege two days earlier the Lions had already almost lost a hundred soldiers. And twice as many were not able to fight anymore.
The powerful man knelt down and bowed his head, closing his eyes.
"Father Zeus help us please. So that I could see home once again..."
Only the rain which started falling down answered this prayer.

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Sam 1 Mar 2008 - 17:48, édité 2 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 18:30

i don't understand english and i don't read english xD but felicattion for the text?^^
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 18:39

lol thanks. I hope it will please to the other people at least for the style because it's rather hard to do in English what you're able to write in French.
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 19:43

It's crazy to see how different (and beautiful) this language is from French. Some sentences typically appropriated in English wouldn't be in French.

I didn't understand all what you told us in your text, dear Morrigan, but I was impressed (<-- correct ?) by your vocabulary.

Some ideas were great, like "Sometimes it is a quality but this is your weakness. Do not let pride lead yout life. Help is not a shame and a man must know when he needs somenone by his side."

I remarked a repetition at the beginning : "He was tall, broad-shouldered. His shoulder-length..." (the word "shoulder") but that's all...

Congratulations ! ^^
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 27 Fév 2008 - 20:00

Anarion, "felicitations" doesn't exist in English Smile

We say : Congratulations ! Very Happy

Well, I don't have much time to do this for the moment, but why not think about it for later, maybe !
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Fév 2008 - 11:34

Hakkrat a écrit:
I remarked a repetition at the beginning : "He
was tall, broad-shouldered. His shoulder-length..." (the word "shoulder") but that's all...
that is the problem in fact.because you do not really have other ways to describe a character. and moreover I know that my unseen translation's teacher often said that there are repetitions in French which may bot be remarked in English since it is the only way to say it.
Though I don't know if it works in this case...
Victor
Victor

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 28 Fév 2008 - 19:25

I found mistakes, but I can't remember them. Sorry.
You've a great level of vocabulary. I didn't understant all the words. It's realy good.

Pacific Rim

Bruce Lee

Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeLun 3 Mar 2008 - 13:58

Morrigan> There are some little mistakes but, you know, for someone used to write usually in french it's really good nice job;)
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeLun 3 Mar 2008 - 17:13

Thank you very much for reading and commenting
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMar 4 Mar 2008 - 11:16

you're welcome Smile
Victor
Victor

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeDim 18 Mai 2008 - 19:52

I put here an english work about Iron Man.

The 28 April, the producer Jon Favreau released “Iron Man”, one more adaptation of a Stan Lee superhero comic-strip, starring in particular Robert Downey Jr, as Tony Stark / Iron Man and Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia “Pepper” Potts, his loyal secretary.

Tony stark, a rich and famous playboy, but too a very intelligent weapon inventor, is kidnapped by terrorists who force him to build his own missile, the Jericho in order to invade the world. To escape, he creates a revolutionary armor using news technologies which works with the help of an artificial heart, becoming the Iron Man.

Disgusted by war, he will stop to be the “ Merchant of death”, and will try to save innocents from terrorists and soldiers who slay people with his own weapons. This decision makes of him a dangerous enemy of his old friends, in the weapon industry.

The Ramin Djawadi’s score, no less than wonderfully amazing, includes wellknown singles like “ Back in black”, from AC/ DC and contributes greatly to create the lively atmosphere wich reigns in the movie.

Good mood, jokes and loves stories are not missing, of course, they constitute an interesting alternative to the countless fights against evil wich can be seen in the traditional superhero films. There is no real enemy, but it’s more a strong point than a weakness.

As regards weak bits, the film can be reproached not to have a really inventive script. There are no real plots, you won’t be surprised, it’s easy to guess the following of the movie…

Tony Stark becomes a protector of the innocents, but he still creates a weapon by forging his armor, and he has to kill to protects women and children. Some will say it’s the punishment of murderers, but Stark changes into a warrior ands stays a deathbringer, even if he try to preserve lifes.

To resume, we can say “ Iron Man” is an American blockbuster, with their bad points and qualities. If you need entertainment, so you should watch it, I can promise you you won’t be disappointed, but don’t look for a moral about war or anything else.

Pacific Rim

Bruce Lee

Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeLun 19 Mai 2008 - 19:02

I don't want to use my dictionnary for read you :|

I'm sorry but my vocabulary in this language is very poor ...

(Correct? I don't know)
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: It is not beaucause you   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Juin 2008 - 21:33

shialed like a madeleine que i'am progress in english.
Même for say i love you in your fuck language it is hard, it is hard.
Même is you have the most beautiful eye what i am jamais vu, never.
My romantisme is agonisant when i see you and i termined in the first pub for drink for forget you beautiful eye que jamais, jamais, je ne serais séduire.
It is minable, mais c'est senti and tomarow j'aurai mal in my head but i will remember to you beautiful eye.
Victor
Victor

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeSam 7 Juin 2008 - 14:01

Today I will do a useless thing. I hope you will recognize it:

An icy wind was blowing between the high, white fir trees, making the snow on their boughs fly in fine volutes of powder wich fell on the spotless ground.The pack stopped its race in front of a torrent which broke patches of ice in a phenomenal noise, before crashing in a stunt of foam. They were six young wolves color of ivory and ebony, in search of a prey to be brought down, their bloodthirstiness asking only to be satisfied. The old deer which they had wasted some days previously did not have been able to calm the firm hunger caused by winter, and they already looked for a new victim. The leader of the pack, an albino with bluish eyes encircled by black, threw a bad glance to the other wolves which fought between them.

That's why I say : long life to french.

Pacific Rim

Bruce Lee

Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeSam 7 Juin 2008 - 14:23

Hello there !

I just found the time to read this topic.

The text from Morrigan is really great. I have to admit that even if I'm absolutely able to read it, I won't probably not be able to write something like this. I have the vocabulary, for sure, but, the word don't come in my mind when I try to speak or write something.
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMar 25 Nov 2008 - 20:56

well, I gotta say that I didn't see the little text posted by Victor in a translation of his book ... and it's pretty good in fact ^^ I saw some mistakes but for me it is as good that way as he wrote it firstly.
it's really a pity that this topic was abandonned for it is (i think) a really interresting exercise for who likes to practice it of course but I don't think that my papers for the exam would interest you XD (neither me in fact ... Rolling Eyes)
I think I'll try to write something else for the following days - and it can't be bad for my studies either ...
and before I forget : thanks Kalystah Wink
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 26 Nov 2008 - 9:33

Hello,hear I'm!
But ,I' m not sure of my english,so I hope you will not too much laugh at me ,as said Victor first!
It's hard ,you know,may bee,about thirty tow years ago since I last write something in English(at school of course) so, I can't say a lot of things but I' ll try to express my feeling first ,anyway!
I'm proud of you my son because you had the good idea of this topic and I may say that I reconize the begining of your book,you know!When I saw "torrent ..............six young wolves... "and I was quite sure of that when I red the text of Morrigan speaking of the translation of your book!
I find the poetry of this text in english,I'm astonished ! How paradoxal it is ,I realize it,and for sure I beg your pardon...my dear son!
I'm not able to write a storry or anything else but I'm happy to read you ,and also I will take the dictionary of Victor,so,I'll try to translate to be sure of the understanding and for the vocabulary ....because the two long texts of Morrigan and Victor was not clear at all for me!
Anyway ,Im going to try, cause it will be a good exercise !It can't be bad, sure enough !
And,perhaps ,I'll have the courage to read at last some songs I have in my discotheque, !! And I quite agree you ,Morrigan,to think that 's a pitty to forget this topic witch may be great!
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeMer 26 Nov 2008 - 12:57

Well you speak /write quite good Helène I must say. really there are plenty of people in my "promo" that would have the same level of english as yours, or almost ...
I also agree with you : there is some poetry in this version of his story and it's very beautiful especially because of some words that have a nice sound in english.
Hmm, and if you want some explanations of help I'm here ; at least as far as I can (which is not the best of course but ...)
I'll be very pleased to read an anglish text from you Hélène Smile
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Nov 2008 - 10:53

My dear Morrigan,
What kind of pleasure I had discovering your
enthusiasm for me !!And I feel so strange to be proud of my little capacities now cause in fact I'm a so shy especially when I have to express myself in english…
I explain it to you yesterday and that’s why it was such a surprise for me to find this way of writing !
I travelled in India twenty five years ago and so I must speak english during a few monthes; above all when I met a couple of Canadians and travelled whith them only three of us…I was quite obliged to speak english (even tought I could speak french sometimes whith the girl!) to be polite;at the begining it was so difficult just for saying a few words...,that's why I was so happy even if I didn't understand a lot, but just trying was a good exercise...
Thank you very much Morrigan to be so friendly with me, cause your encouragement is the best way to give me a possibility of trying to write an english text .
Your explanations will help me a lot ,cause I’m afraid to be wrong more than we imagine !
First I have to learn again and for that I’ll ask Victor to give me some english books perhaps ...
Well you know I’ll try my best anyway, not to be write-off !
And once more a lot of thanks for your friendship and your encouraging congratulations! Very Happy

Dernière édition par Hélène le Jeu 27 Nov 2008 - 21:36, édité 1 fois
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Nov 2008 - 17:29

you're welcome Wink
I love this language, that's why everything that has a link with it is always a pleasure. And if I can help someone else to improve in it and to find pleasure with my little capacities, well I'll be very pleased to do it Smile
If I may say so, I repeat that your level is pretty good - and it is quite explained by your past. A wonderful way to learn to speak and to pratcise.
However I found some little mistakes (nothing important, don't worry ^^ the kind we're all susceptible to make but would you like to know them perhaps ?) but the thing you have to know is that the comma in english is very less used than in french and especially it does not have the same way to be used.
in french you use it to make a break and take your breath again, but in english (and I have to say that I always have trouble in puting it correctly) it is only used so as to separate the propositions when they do not have something in common. you would hardly find 3 or more commas in an english sentence ...
I'm looking forward to read one of your essay Hélène, and I also thank you to make this topic alive Wink
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeJeu 27 Nov 2008 - 22:12

It's such a pleasure to read you!
Thanks a lot for your kindness Morrigan.
Whith your wery clear explanations I took away the commas quite at all,is-it better now?Say me all as possible and don't worry I'm not ashame for it,I know it's perfectly normal !
I like when you correct me ,that the only way for me to progress and you know I understand that you are a good teatcher.I ramble on saying that I'm going to try to do my best anyway!!!!!!
So I hope I'll be able to write an essay to make this topic alive! And to make you satisfied ,I hope so heardly . In real terms back there you made the revival!
I'm happy you know ! cat

Dernière édition par Hélène le Ven 28 Nov 2008 - 7:54, édité 4 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2008 - 5:13

Hey everybody. It's hard to be awake at that time, but it seems like it's fine for wirting since nobody complain I am not paying attention to him or her. It's hard sometime to be a mother...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2008 - 14:58

Hey my dear Evahé,

I was waiting for you here ! But I stop flooding as Victor said first so I'm writing there a kind of joke made this morning :

The little mop

May be you have a lot of fun
Riding without an helmet...

Hey you dear little mop!
Your long hair flying in your back
Going as far as possible
On your nice little moped
You are a daredevil devil !

Please . ...so fast you run
So fast ... paint in black...
You don't want to live in velvet?
So your answer is : Freedom burst !
For your life I'm trembling yet

Afraid of a desastre, the worst...
Listen to me please :
put on your helmet!

geek

Dernière édition par Hélène le Sam 29 Nov 2008 - 8:49, édité 4 fois
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? Icon_minitime

Do you write in english?
Page 1 sur 5Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant