Atelier d'écriture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Atelier d'écriture

Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerDernières imagesConnexion
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Do you write in english?

4 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

Do you write in english? - Page 3 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeLun 1 Déc 2008 - 21:33

Wery nice to you Phylla you had a gentle look at my poem, and I’m so happy you appreciate this kind of little things I like to do sometimes ,you know that!
O.K, I will show off my past of Hippy for having fun and cause you said you are impatient for…firstly I must remember me , even though I often do that in my mind cause I realy loved my travel in India,however I do want to write something nice and I have to reflect upon that before !
May be I’ll have the inspiration for,that 's my hope , anyway I’m quite sure to be happy to write my little story …Thank you wery much to ask for it cat

Dernière édition par Hélène le Mar 2 Déc 2008 - 11:25, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 10:55

Hélène a écrit:
I have to reflect before !

As you seem eager to improve your English, I think you will be happy if I correct you a bit.

I guess you choose the word : "reflect" thinking it's the English term for the French : refléchir. But, in fact, reflect, in English is used when we speak about mirror and water and the image that appear in mirroring surface.

If you want to say that you need to think a lot before writing in English, because words don't come naturally in your mind, then you can use those word or expression : think about, reflect ON or reflect UPON.

to learn more about the correct use of "reflect", you can have a look : here
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 11:39

hello kalystah !

Thanks a lot for your very intresting lesson whitch give me the chance to meet you there , cause I just know you a little but I was already sure you could give me wery good explanations (and I need a lot of.. you see it!), and an instuctive link .
goodbye,kalistah ::rolling::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 16:45

I come here more often than you probably think. But I have rarely the time to write an answer. :p The time, or the motivation, I have to admit.

but I appreciate those who are aware that their english need to be improved and who make the effort to do what is necessary to do so. And, as I spend 2 years in England and improved my english by this time, I will try to help you as much as I can.

And, I ask to those who speak a better english than me to correct me as often as necessary. !
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3518

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 17:23

I like your poem hélène,always so funny your papers => you need a verb here otherweise it's quite strange. "your papers are always so funny" could be a possible correction
I'm impatient of know your past of Hippi => "I'im impatient TO KNOW" or "OF knowING"
I got a good gaze => I think "I have a good gaze" would be better. and even "gaze" is maybe not quite appropriate for it means "regarder fixement" (for instance,in the expression "to gaze into space" = regarder dans le vide)

in spite of those things, my answer is : significant for what ? geek if you're thinking to a knife or something like that, you're wrong ... my character is more distinguished than that ^^ (and more special also XD)
Again, the answer lies in the french text and I won't try to explain it to you here because it's really complicated to say it in english ...
But thanks for your reading Wink

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Mar 2 Déc 2008 - 17:43, édité 1 fois
https://roxannetardel.wordpress.com/
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 17:31

Your message Kalystha is for me a fabulous encouragement ,so whith Morrigan help and yours I 'm quite sure to improve upon my english knowledge as well as possible .And I'l l do the effort for, cause now I crave for it! A week ago I even did'nt imagine that , you probably understand why ... And, I have so much gap,that's why I must do the necessary to do my best,anyway I 'll do it willingly .
When I read you ,it is a good exercise for me , could you write a text in this intention for me ,please?

And,now I see Morrigan's message for explainations of the Phylla's text he wrote to me two days ago!.... No doubt ,this topic is quite open!!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 21:41

Thank you Morrigan for your corrections.
In fact, I said "significant" because I believed to understand that your character was going to commit a murder and that he had teeth in metal... (Ihope that my incomprehension does not go too far ...) Anyway geek

Thank you also Kalystah, for the interesting link Smile

Edit : I missed my oral of English, the stress ...
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 21:57

oh,great you have understood it in fact ^^ it's a little bit more complicated (that's not his teeth that are metallic but a kind of device that immitates the fangs of a snake, hence the name of this character : Snake ...)
but the murder .. not sure for the moment ^^ and I even believe that he won't but I still have to write the following.

er, not cool for your oral,right ... :s but I'm sure you'll do better then Smile t'was not an assessment ? (I mean, something that will count for your BAC ?)
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 22:23

No, it don't count for my BAc, fortunately (fortunately also you had explain the mean of assessment ^^) Smile

Of course, I will do bettter !

Fangs of a snake ? I suppose that wants to say "crocs" ?
I'm impatient to read the following, "snake", good character ... ::rolling::
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMar 2 Déc 2008 - 22:35

"it doesn't " Wink
by the way, I think that saying that you "failed your oral" is better than "miss" because miss is more when you're not here rather than making a bad performance ...

and I hope you'll do better so that your new teacher (me, of course) would be proud of you XD *no non,my ankles are not so huge ^^*

yes,that's the meaning. I'll post it quite soon because all of you are really nice and encouraging and you give the will to follow in that way ! ::love::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 2:55

HELLO !!!!!!
Good week-end....
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 10:33

Oh, an English topic!
I like English (even though I have juste failed an exam in this language T.T).
I recently had to write a short story for my English teacher, it is currently 15 pages long^^ I may post some extracts, it's a fantasy story and my pseudo comes from the main character's name xD
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 17:04

I find that's not possible ! Morrigan and Victor wrote texts i can't make ... I'm sorry if my english isn't correct ... So if you can help me, i will be very happy ...

It is flood i write ? I don't hope,(and so, sorry) but there are a lot of words i don't understand, like "mop"
Iron
Héros Légendaire
Iron

Masculin Nombre de messages : 1513
Loisirs : Inconnus

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 17:32

Actually this topic is a flood topic, because here we can speak about everything we want just to speak, doesn't matter if that's flood or not ::rolling::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 17:41

Okay, thank you for your answer !
What do you say "matter" ?
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 17:55

YEAH!
That's fine,dear Iron ⭐

Since a long time without saying anything else there, but I'll try it again cause you ask me a question, Reader, and I thank you for that cause I'm Happy to improve my english again.
Firstly, I may say that I'm happy to meet you there,and that's funny cause I said you just ten minutes ago "see you soon" in the topic where you made your introduction today at the AE.
So, in my little poem : mop have the meaning of "tignasse" you know !
Phylla is the "little mop", I made that poem for him...he has a very long mop back in his bottom, he is a good friend of my son, Victor, I hope you 'll meet them soon.
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 18:11

I don't understand some words ... like "see you soon (vois ton ???)

So, be happy because i'm improve to your english ... i would like be stronger...

do you think i have a good level ? In school , i have a lot of bad marks, for the Oral Comprehension, for example ...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 19:49

You spik meïbi laïke zat in Inegliche... ::lol:

You can watch DVD in English, it will help you to improve your English listening, I think... (do we say "English listening" by the way ? I'm not sure XD)

You also can read books in English. You said that you have read and liked Harry Potter. The English books are quite easy to understand and to read !

Finally, an English trip could improve your level a lot. However, it's a little bit more expensive...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 20:00

The meaning of soon is simple there:it's"bientôt",when I said "see you soon" I would like to say:
A bientôt
I'm improving my english there cause my level is not high but I think that's important to try.
Anyway yours is not so bad, you know!And to make progress, you could read a dictionnary at first?
And, for sure,Morrigan,our great teatcher will see you as soon as possible!

please....help us dear doc Morrigan lol!

Dernière édition par Hélène le Sam 14 Fév 2009 - 22:16, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 20:19

I think oral comprehension is too risky at the secondary school ... I also try but I also miss bounce
And, like Hélène said, Morrigan will be a good teacher, if she indeed wants to give free lessons ::rolling::
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 21:19

Of course I will, my dear little pupils ::lol: (so funny for me who doesn't want to be a teacher ... maybe I should actually ^^)

Hmm,so. Reader,I'm very happy to see you here and although I don't want to hurt you but you have some progress to make ... But we'll be here and it's so much better to learn with friends,without any threats about results and juste have fun.

So I would firstly suggest you to ask,whenever you don't understand something (and after a little check in a dictionnary,perhaps ::rolling:Smile and we could try to explain it more easily in English ...it would help you.

(I think I won't be very comprehensible in fact xD tell me if I'm not, but I like to speak in English)
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 22:10

How I can missed an topic in english ?
I cann't belive it... Rolling Eyes

Ok, my english level ?
Well... Er... My tailor is rich ? ::lol:

No, of course, I speak english better like that.
I read your different messages and I think I will frequently come back in this area for talking with you because it is a very well practice for english.
And I glad Iron permited flooding on this topic.

So, good night to everybody

::crazy::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2009 - 22:43

Good night Niko!
I'm glad to see you there too, old chap..
An area to flood seem an enjoying place for us, people searching for freedoom, that's why I feel so happy cause our topic have another revival.
It's a real pleasure to meet Morrigan and Phylla there again...
and I'm going to bed in a good mood^^

Kiss ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love:: ::love::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév 2009 - 8:26

hello everybody !

I'm glad to see that this topic is not dead !
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév 2009 - 10:38

Ohoh ... I think i will get out of the topic, because english isn't to my level

And thank you for your answers, hélène !
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév 2009 - 15:23

Good afternoon everybody !
Here the sun is shining but the sky is very cloudy.

I hope you spend a well sunday and you will be ready to work monday

Big kisses to all the members

::crazy::
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Do you write in english?
Page 3 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant