Atelier d'écriture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Atelier d'écriture

Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerDernières imagesConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

Do you write in english?

4 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuteurMessage
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3518

Do you write in english? - Page 5 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Avr 2010 - 21:04

I've never read anything of Hobb, actually. I'm not very enthuasistic about her strories, though some people told me it was quite great.

Board games Alfred ? Which ones ? Very Happy Cuz I've just started to play those games totally unknown of the majority of people but which are so great ! And addicting too, I concur Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://roxannetardel.wordpress.com/
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Avr 2010 - 22:35

Puerto Rico is without any doubt the best board game ever.
Try it and it will swallow you for ever Very Happy

Just to give you a glimpse of it; each player has to manage one colony founded on the Puerto Rico Island.
The goal of the game is to produce goods, such as, corn, sugar, tobacco, coffee, and indigo and to ship them in Europe to get victory points. Yet, you can also sell your production to the local market to get some money “doubloon” and buy building that would give you some advantages and increase your chance of earning more victory points. Good production and activation of the building depend on how you decide to allocate the settlers supplied by the European emigration. There is nearly no place for randomness in this game, so when you loose it can not be the dices fault.

You, of course, have plenty of other decent board games. Among the most renown: Settlers of Catane, Carcassonnes, Diplomacy, Citadel, Race for the galaxy, Ticket to ride.

I really love the board game spirit, it’s fun, entertaining and always challengy.
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeVen 9 Avr 2010 - 20:31

Hmm, fact is : I'm jolly bad in strategy ^^ But it can be fun I agree. It reminds me of Kingsburg, maybe you know it : you have to roll dices, then use their result to influence important persons of the kingdom (including the King and the Queen if you roll high enough) and get ressources. Then build buildings to increase your defense and possibilities. (I lose every time I play it ^^)

I like Carcassonne, though. And The War of the Ring is nice too (but it's veeeeeeeeery long to play : around 4 hours at least).
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDim 16 Jan 2011 - 12:40

Writing in English.... It seems a great idea (i'm a student English (watch out, I didn't say an English student, which would mean I am English) so I should be able to write a text in English), if only I had a subject... Because, as always, I'm lacking inspiration :p. But maybe I will write something for you.... one day or an other. Or never XD. Nevertheless I'll try !
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDim 16 Jan 2011 - 13:49

Oh, it's could be a great idea!
The first AE text in english. The problem, in my opinion, is : I'm not really sure you will have many people who will read a text in english.

You could try.

::crazy::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDim 16 Jan 2011 - 14:53

I'd read it... if there were enough of an incentive I might even be tempted to write one Smile

could be an interesting exercise Smile
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDim 16 Jan 2011 - 22:29

Niko a écrit:
The first AE text in english.

Thank you, Niko...
And I think that Victor wrote one too, just at the beginning of this topic if I remember well.

Louisesnape, you're reading English ? Hmm, according to your age, I'd think you're in the second or maybe third year, aren't you ? (at the university of course). Am I wrong ? Very Happy (I bet I am...) And what kind of accent do you have ? More british or american ? (and she just thinks : "who is this bloody girl, asking so many useless questions... What does she want ? My picture ?")
Oh, be sure that I'll read your text if you write something Wink

Hmm, by the way : I just want to apologize for not taking part to the life of the forum. I've been very busy those last few months, and it's not getting any better. I hope I'll be able to come back one day...
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeDim 16 Jan 2011 - 22:54

Well... Indeed.
It's correct. Sorry Embarassed

::crazy::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Jan 2011 - 16:28

Morrigan a écrit:
Hmm, according to your age, I'd think you're in the second or maybe third year, aren't you ?
And what kind of accent do you have ? More british or american ?

You're quite right, I am in my third year. And I have an RP accent, or at least I try to have. Let me explain : RP means Received Pronunciation, that is to say the Londener's snobbish accent. Because of American TV series (on the Dutch TV the series are subbed, not dubbed) I learned the American accent. So I try to correct it, and I hope one day that I'll be able to speak perfectly (or almost) RP, because I think the snobbish accent is cooler than the American one ^^
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Jan 2011 - 18:51

Yeah, I've got quite the same problem ^^ Like most people I guess. But fact is : whenever I try to speak fluetly while not reading my notes I keep switching to the american one. Not a real problem though, my english teacher of this year (I'm no longer studying English) thought I had spent time in America (which is false because I only spent two weeks in Ireland ^^) and I'm kinda sure I'll have a very good mark.
The best in RP English is the "əʊ" sound and the "o:ː"... I really love them Razz

So cooler than the American yes, butthe biggest "problem" for me is that it's never really spoken... appart the Queen perhaps but that's all. So you quite stand out of the crowd if you speak that way ::lol:
Victor
Accro au forum ? Oui, pourquoi ?
Victor

Masculin Nombre de messages : 559
Loisirs : Karaté

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Jan 2011 - 22:49

There are so many good movies in american, and I'm not actually fond of that snobish accent that english people seem to enjoy. I mean, it doesn't really seem true, it's just like if you were centuries away from us...

It's kind of fun anyway, and, according to my poor knowledge, somehow easier Very Happy

https://ecrire.forumactif.org/espace-personnel-des-membres-f43/es
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeJeu 15 Mar 2012 - 20:17

Aw this is topic is great ! Ok, so I have absolutely no difficulties in english and quite on the contrary, right now I read alot of english/american novels. I read the whole A Song of Ice and Fire series (Le trône de fer) and so I absolutely adore english texts now. I always did have difficulties in writing in english though, but I'd really like to ameliorate it in time. I loved the text (the first one), really well written, congrats ! I would like to post a text someday. But I still have to gain confidence in my writing skills first I think. Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Do you write in english?
Page 5 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5