Atelier d'écriture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Atelier d'écriture

Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerDernières imagesConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal

Do you write in english?

4 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

Do you write in english? - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 15 Fév 2009 - 16:09

Hello!There
Niko...it's you again^^ I'm glad to see you!
This sunny afternoon is a beautifull day, quiet and restful cause I'm happy to be whith all of my children ( Raphaëlle, the elder, will stay with us during her holidays ), that's why my heart is enjoying this wonderful sunday....
Thank you so much, and I give you a kiss

My best wishes, Niko
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3518

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 21 Fév 2009 - 11:25

(well, some kind of a trick that came to my mind this morning. I hope you'll enjoy it, and if yes, then you shall have the rest ^^)

[door opens]

- Hi everyone !
- Grandad !
- Hey, good morning kids. How are you ?
- A story, grandad, a story, please !
[laughing]

- Wow, okay, you want a tale, he ? Come on, let's gather around me.
[cheers, shouts]

- Everybody's ready ? So ...

Once upon a time, in a far far away castle situated in the kingdom of Enchantments, the people was jubilant because they were celebrating the birth of their princess.
The feast was wonderful, with magiciens and fairies to gratify the baby with all the possible vertues. And as she grew up, she indeed showed all of that.
Emily was the most gracious, the most beautiful, the kindest and the most loving person you have ever see. Everyone loved her and was delighted to know that, in time, she would be the one who would govern the kingdom.
That was the problem. Because Enchantments was a rich, powerful and peaceful country, and it attracted the attention of its neighbours which had sons as heirs.
And when the question of Emily's future mariage was raised, the King and the Queen were submerged with all the proposals from the surrounding kingdoms. They didn't know what to do, because the princes were all strong, young, beautiful and wise for some of them.
Emily was thus consulted. For a girl of fifteen, she was so intellingent that it arroused the admiration of her people once again.

"No one can ever pretend to marry me unless he had proved his bravery and his right to rule such a powerful kingdom. As a consequence, I will wait until someone returns from a great adventure where he would have accomplish feats and provided a witness to prove it."

Such was Emily's decision. The princes were all disappointed at first, but they went immediatly in search for a quest to have the right to marry the young princess.
They left heir castle in search of adventure, with only their horse, their sword, their shield and a friend to be their witness.
A year passed without any news from them. When one day, a huge dragon appeared ...

- What happened Grandad ? What happened ?
- Ah, you know kids, it is such a long story and I'm a bit tired. Why not continue it tomorrow ?

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Dim 22 Fév 2009 - 17:20, édité 1 fois
https://roxannetardel.wordpress.com/
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 21 Fév 2009 - 13:41

Citation :
Why not continue it tomorrow ?

because !!!!

For the moment, the story is absolutly a classical one... But it's well done...

so, I'll look forward !
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 21 Fév 2009 - 17:00

oh,it was meant to be absolutely classical ^^ And it will stay that way I think, but the challenge I made to myself is to make a lot of little stories that way, usual or not, magical or not, but to write ... and that's the first one that I found.

I do apologize if you find it too classical, I'll try to improve it then and find another end (it's not really planned).

thatk you for your comment Wink
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 21 Fév 2009 - 18:16

Morrigan!
What a good surprise it is!
You know what?...I'll have a lot of pleasure to read your little stories, such a nice way to improve my understanding.
Thanks a lot for doing that performance, may be a lot of readers are joying us? For sure^^that's my wish and I'm beside Kalistah to look forvard...dear Morrigan Very Happy
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSam 21 Fév 2009 - 18:23

So kind of you too ::copain::
I thought it would please you and I was right ^^ well, you give me the will to write the end now. Maybe in three parts I think ... we'll see.

Thank you again for your support Smile
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 22 Fév 2009 - 17:32

Nice story ! cat
Maybe that is classic, but that is convenient for me. I like artless and childish story, and it's easier to write the continuation ... But not now, I don't really have the time (the homeworks ...) but I go to make it.

In fact, it would arrange me that you begin Rolling Eyes
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 22 Fév 2009 - 18:02

(thank you Phylla Smile maybe the end would be a surprise, though Razz It will be in the next message. tomorrow ::rolling:: )

-Grandad ! You promised to tell us what happened after the dragon appeared. Who saved the kingdom ? And who did Emily marry ?
- Don't go too fast, little ones. You will all know in time ...

The beast did not take long to make its presence known. It threatened numbers of villages and villagers, some towns were burnt and herds were eaten.
Of course, the King sent a lot of brave knigts to kill the dragon, but only one returned, so badly wounded that he died the following night. For a whole year, many men tried to kill it, but the creature seemed to be too powerful, even for a whole army.
As the time passed, less and less knights remained, and very few of them risked their life. Some pretenders to Emily's hand also tried to have the dragon's head to prove their bravery, but they also all died ...
The dragon finally arrived only a few miles from the castle of the royal family and the urge to have it killed was all the more important.
The King sent a message in all his kingdom and beyond, promising the most fabulous reward for the one who would get rid of the beast.
A new contingent of knights came from a foreign land. They were all dressed in colossal armours, carrying heavy spears and bows and theirs helmets were terrifying, ornamented with dragons' teeth ... They were called "Dragon's Slayers". The King was absolutely delighted to have them, convinced that they were the end of all his problems.
Emily did not see it with a good eye. Of course she wanted the dragon to be killed, but if those strangers came to hear her promise to marry someone who would have accomplish high feats ... No doubt that one of them would claim Enchantment's throne and she could not refuse. And her fear came to be confirmed one morning.
As she was walking in the garden, one of this foreign knight went to meet her up. With his long blond hair, his blue eyes and his broad stature, he was the kind of men that every lady would love to see saving her from the dragon.

"Your Majesty, I have been instructed that you would honnour the man who would prove his bravery to all to be your husband. And I am quite glad to inform Your Majesty that you could prepare your dress because the dragon will soon no longer exist."

With that assertion,he kissed her hand and left, without permitting her to answer a word. Of course, Emily did not agree to it and she went to her father, trying to undo it.

"He can't marry me, Father. He's not even a prince !"
"A promise is a promise, Emily. And furthermore he will get us rid of this horrible creature."
"He is stupid and arrogant" she said, clenching her fists.
"He will be a hero".

It was all. She had to resolve to this situation. The next morning, at dawn, Sir Robert Valliant (that was his name) stood on the ramparts next to a huge engine. A heavy spear was engaged in it, ready to be thrown into the dragon's body.
And as a matter of fact, the creature was on the top on the closest hill and flew off ...
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 24 Fév 2009 - 22:09

(and finally ... the end ! I hope you'll still enjoy ...)

In the first light of dawn the dragon was absolutely beautiful. Its red scales were shining, enlighted by the purple beams of the rising sun. Its wings flapped languidly but everyone on the tower could feel the wind that came from them ...
Eventually Emily found it quite amazing and felt under its charm.

"It would be a pity if such a creature should not be allowed to fly anymore" she whispered.

Sir Robert turned his head when he heard her but he was the only one apparently to have overhear her words. They all wait in silence, impressed by so much majesty from such a terryfying beast, until the dragon had covered the distance and arrived close to the ramparts.
The foreign knight armed his engine and stood ready to fire. Then he released the rope and the spear rang out. It grazed the right wing of the dragon but did not touched it. Surprinsingly, the gigantic creature seemed to have anticipated and understood what he had in mind.
While Sir Robert the Valliant was trying to rearmed the engine with another weapon, the dragon nose-dove in the direction of the tower. All the people present went shouting and ran, trying to find a secured place.
But the creature stopped a little before the crenellated stones and roared. First it was only a beastly sound but then, they could perceive ... What was that ?
Words ? Real words ?
Emily,the King, Sir Robert and all the others could not believe their ears ... The dragon could speak ! Was that a dream ? But no. Because it said the same thing again :

"I AM SEEKING AN AUDIENCE !"

And its mighty voice rolled like thunder on the walls. The King shivered and the Queen fainted. No one moved. The knight was the first to recover and he tried to throw another blade but Emily's hand fell on his arm, instructing him not to do it. The young princess reached the head of the tower and stood there, fearless - or at least she gave this impression ...

"Speak, we're listening to you !" she cried to the dragon.
"ARE YOU THE PRINCESS THAT PROMISED TO MARRY THE ONE WHO WOULD PROVE HIS BRAVERY TO ALL ?"
"Yes, I am. What do you want ? Why did you threaten the kingdom of my father ?"

It was hard to tell from such a face but the dragon seemed sincerely surprised.

"I ONLY COMPETED FOR YOUR HAND. IT WAS THE BET. I ACCOMPLISHED HIGH FEATS AND I HAVE A LOT OF WITNESSES TO PROVIDE TO YOUR MAJESTY. I SHALL BE YOUR HUSBAND."

It was so funny that at first Emily did not answer. Because she didn't know what to say. It was absolutly incredible ! A dragon asking to be her husband ! There was something in it that she did not understand ... But the creature was not joking. Not joking at all ! For it asked once again :

"WILL YOU RECOGNISE ME AS THE WINNER OF THIS COMPETITION ? WILL YOU MARRY ME ?"
"Yes, I will."

Her father and Sir Robert almost suffocated when they heard it and it was what made them react.

"Emily, you can't ! " the King said. "I beg your pardon ... Mister Dragon ... but it would be unatural if this marriage should ever happen !"
"Yes, a princess should marry a brave and noble knight of a high birth", Sir Robert added.
"A promise is a promise, that's what you said Father" Emily reminded him. "And this gentledragon has proved a hundred of times his bravery. There is no reason why I should not marry him. That's all !"

And the wedding was celebrated the following afternoon. The young princess was radiantly beautiful which increased the sadness of her people to see her going away. In fact the dragon had been clear on this point : Emily would come with him and live there until the death of her parents and the time for her to rule the kingdom. It has been a very difficult decision but Emily had accept it without a word.
The next morning they flew to the dragon's home and lived quite happily."

- Grandad ! That's not the end, it is ?
- Why, of course it is little child.
- No, that's not possible, it can't end that way !
- Yes Grandad, you're not telling us all !
- Right, I see that I can't hide you anything, he. Let's finish our story ...

When Emily finally arrived to the dragon's home, it happened that the creature belonged to a young boy of sixteen. He was of humble origin and had been totally afraid that he would be refused Emily's hand because of that.

"But you had tamed a dragon !" she said. "That is the bestthing ever ! You are the noble man I hoped for !"

And she wrote to her parents to announce them the news : that the dragon had in fact marry her for its master and that the future king of the kindgom was called John the Tamer of Dragon.
Of course, it really pleased a lot the royal parents and Emily and John (and their dragon !) lived happily forever after...

- That was a great story Grandad !
- Another one ?
- Oh, let your old Grandad rest a little ... I'm really tired now. We'll se soon for another one ...

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Jeu 23 Mai 2013 - 21:40, édité 3 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMer 25 Fév 2009 - 7:18

It's quite successfull, Morrigan !
I loved your tale so much cause it's a very pleasant one, well done and so funny and so nice...
Then, thank's a lot and I'm happy to wait for another one when You 'll have finished your little rest, my dear^^
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Mar 2009 - 16:38

Hi everybody !
I rewrite in this section because I could see there are no message since the 25th febrary.

So, what job folks ?
My holidays are nearly over and I didn't do anything for the university... geek
Good luck for those who work, the week will end soon

::crazy::
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Mar 2009 - 18:23

Thanks Niko ^^

weel,to tell the truth I do not have any idea at all to write something else ... So if you want to do so you're welcome ^^ or give me ideas but that's very nice to see that someone else cares about this topic.
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 5 Mar 2009 - 20:40

Morrigan a écrit:
Thanks Niko ^^

weel,to tell the truth I do not have any idea at all to write something else ... So if you want to do so you're welcome ^^ or give me ideas but that's very nice to see that someone else cares about this topic.

I'm back !
I believe that I had a joke that an english friend had told me... With a toad an a blond girl I think bounce I don't remember... It's not worth a story but a check !

Good nigth every body ::rolling::
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 14 Mar 2010 - 21:08

Hi everyone.
It's been a very long time and I wanted to raise this topic from the dead ^^ Well not for a specific reason but I thought it would be nice to start over a little bit ? Let me know if I'm so wrong that I can't even realize it in time geek

Geez, what can I say to raise it ? Bid a good night to everyone who'd read this message ? Wink
Niko
Héros Légendaire
Niko

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2812
Localisation : Un pied à Minath Tirith, un autre à Riva, le coeur à Port-Réal et la tête sur tatouine
Loisirs : Me prendre pour un rongeur, embêter le chat et faire plein de câlins

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 14 Mar 2010 - 22:47

Eh, hi you!!
It's a real pleasure to see you again.

Sure this topic was a bit dead this last year.
Thanks to resusit it.

::crazy::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDim 14 Mar 2010 - 23:19

What a brilliant idea, a nice pleasant chat in english.

We just need someone bring us tea and biscuits, to turn this charming litte gathering into a stunning party.

I'll pour everyone who posts here a cup of earl grey. Very Happy
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeLun 15 Mar 2010 - 10:00

Hey! I'm back too in a pleasant circonstance ... I was thinking the same about this topic and what a surprise when I just had a look ? You are there to do the work old chaps^^
Welcome Elgringo, I'm happy to see you there cat
I'll try my best but whitout a dictionnary ( cause I change my adress )I feel not abale to say a lot and for sure I know you'll probably try to understand me whith some difficulties. Sorry for that...
Anyway, great to see you again having another english revival and I hope to read you soon my dears ::love::
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeLun 15 Mar 2010 - 21:36

Oh that's jolly nice of you Elgringo (your pseudo seems a bit misplaced here ^^). But if you don't mind I'd prefer a pint of beer Very Happy And an Irish one, too ! (no, I'm not tricky ^^)
How about a slice of Irish home made brown bread ? ^^ I think I never ate so delicious a bred, actually.
Aw, tell me : we were'nt talking about my belly, were we ? Razz

You can find a nice dictionnary here Helene, though it's far from being the best but it's practical anyway.
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeLun 15 Mar 2010 - 22:20

This one is pretty cool as well:
http://www.wordreference.com/fr/

Morrigan how do you do to attach a word to a link?

Just wanted to do like you but figured out that I didn't know how to!
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeLun 15 Mar 2010 - 22:43

My nickname ? Miismatched ? Surely you jest kind lady.

For what is a "gringo" if not a foreigner ? and in which language do we speak now, if not a foreign one ?

Irish beer ? Irish bread ? Well I certainly never refuse a meal like that Very Happy That's what I call a heartwarming feast.

Then we're going to need some music to accompany that. Who can play the violin ?
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Mar 2010 - 12:57

It's very simple Alfred : you type [url= and the url you want to link]the word you want[/url] Smile

I just meant that "elgringo" was not the good language ^^ But yes, your explanation is pretty convincing.

And we can make some irish stew too Very Happy That's the best with the bread ^^
Violin ? Not me. And do you know how to dance the reels ? ^^
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Mar 2010 - 13:25

Thanks a lot for both of you Very Happy It could come in handy^^ to have these very useful links ; soon it's the day we'll moved house!
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Mar 2010 - 13:41

My explenations are alway convincing, especially when they're nonsense Smile That's my super power.

I can't really dance in normal time, but if I've had enough to drink, I can certainly believe I can ! I'll probably make a fool of myself, but I'll certainly try Very Happy

I think we've got the evening well planned. Stew, beer, bread, music and dance... What could we possibly be missing ? Heavy metal ?
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 16 Mar 2010 - 23:34

What could we possibly be missing ?

Board games! I'm an addict :-D
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMar 30 Mar 2010 - 16:57

I just finished "the name of the wind". I must admit some words are quite difficults but in the whole it was easy to read. I confessed that I am not that enthousiastic. I found certains parts too long and boring. I will certainly read the second book but it is not something I look forward as much as others readers.
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJeu 8 Avr 2010 - 20:54

Hey guys, I've just found out that Robin Hobb had started a new cycle taking place in the royal assassin and the liveship traders world. It is entitled "the rain wild chronicles". Book one has just been released as I randomly discovered it at "la FNAC".

Such a good surprise,
I really worship the author style Very Happy
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Do you write in english?
Page 4 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant