Atelier d'écriture
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Atelier d'écriture

Communauté d'écrivains en herbe

AccueilRechercherS'enregistrerDernières imagesConnexion
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

Do you write in english?

4 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

Féminin Nombre de messages : 3518

Do you write in english? - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2008 - 19:43

okay, let's just look at your "joke" ...
(hmm, firstly you should say "as Victor said first", that's more correct).

then ... Would you believe me if I say that I'm not sure about the meaning of your text because I had to look for the meaning of "mop" ? ::lol: I don't know what it means (and what I found did not seem to me to be very relevant for my understanding if the text) : so would you mind translated this word for me ? xD (well I think I've got it but I'm not pretty sure...)

Otherweise I didn't found any mistakes in your text. it's really nice and pleasant to read so I can just encourage you to continue and maybe to go further and writte a whole little text ? ::rolling::
(I'm joking .... you do whatever you want Wink )

And I'll try to do it also, so as to accompany you as soon as possible !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://roxannetardel.wordpress.com/
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2008 - 21:09

Well, what you say is quite funny ::lol: You were looking for the meaning of mop!you 're teasing me...I've found it just by turning the pages of a dictionary,mop:n ;1(for cleaning)balai à laver ;2 (hair) tignasse ;1(floor)laver ;2(sweat)essuyer;to mop one's face ;s'essuyer le visage _mop up(clean up )éponger.
You know what?The more funny about all !by looking at the meaning of mop, I 've found two things :
moped:n vélomoteur m
mob:n.foule f._vt;assaillir
SWELL ....I have to edite as quik as possible! :pend:
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2008 - 21:38

But that is why I said that I was almost sure about the meaning (I checked) but it was in the context of your text that I wasn't sure ^^ (not beacause it was bad but because I always had trouble with poetry or all kind of genre approaching this form) ...
And I also didn't choose the correct meaning between all those propositions ... ^^
But thanks for explaining the meaning you have chosen, it is all very more clear Razz
Maybe it was also because of your use of "helmet" which is very particular I thins (or at least I have only heard it in this context): it means either a kind of cask worn by knights for instance, or a winter hat. I can be totally wrong for this employ of the word but that could have lead me to the wrong path also ...

(And I know I'm very funny ; no need to tell me though ! ::rolling::

*shook her head with dignity and wink*)
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 10:17

Hello,Morrigan,
Thanks to you I'm improving my vocabulary once more! That's why I feel so well now, having such a pleasure to read your explainations
guiding me on the path!
Once more,checking the meaning of some of your words , I've found another term important for a new rhyme making my joke-poem a litlle bit more understandable (that's my hope!) ...this word is daredevil so I made it rhyming whith the end of:as fast as possible... Thanks a lot , Morrigan,now,I'm having ::rolling:: a whole lot of fun génial

Dernière édition par Hélène le Sam 29 Nov 2008 - 15:48, édité 3 fois
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 15:38

I read it again and with all the previous explanations I find it's quite funny now Very Happy
but : no "on" after "improving" (I'm improving my vocabulary")
a comma after "now" in your 2nd sentence (you see, the use of it is rather complicated)
"looking after" is not correct in this context : you should rather say "checking the meaning" or "looking for the meaning" because "to look after" is more a synonym of "to take care" (of somebody or something).

I'm glad of it ! you know it's also wonderful for my studies because I force myself to see mistakes and to correct it the bast as I can so I have to make some researches to be sure of all the gramma and else ...
Besides, you give me a lot of pleasure too seeing that I can help. And you also give me the will to write again in english. I say that for some days now but as soon as I find an idea I'll post it ...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 16:54

A lot of thanks for your very good corrections,you are so nicely helpfull in such a friendly way that I may have some progress in the future ;
Now ,I 'm impatient for waiting your next writing.
With such an help , I 've the will now to try to read in english and, for sure 'I ll have a lot of pleasure to read you. cat

Dernière édition par Hélène le Dim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:32, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 18:41

Hello my dears !

So, Hélène ask me to write something here in a other topic ... Anyway, I'm here no ?
But, there is a little problem : I don't know what I suppose to write Rolling Eyes
So, let's talk about ... weather (I think there is a other topic for this kind of conversation ...) ? No no. Brief, anything which you want talk about ... And I'm so tired you know (Oh ! I complain again Smile).

I wrote nonsense and probably, a lot of errors ::rolling::
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 19:22

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, and thank you so much for being here tonight.

*Looks at everybody*

Today, what we are going to talk about concerns a branch of mathematics that is called topology. Mathematically speaking, topology studies the deformations of a space by continuous transformations...

*Everybody is leaving the room. Hakkrat sees Morrigan who is running more fast than the others*

Pffft !
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2008 - 20:14

I understand her so much ...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 16:44

That's why we follow the leader trying to run as fast as her cause for sure we are not in the good place to learn about arts!!!!! ::lol:
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 19:51

Hey, there are a lot of people here today ! The room seems to be just enough for us ! (at least before Hakk starts speaking about mathematics ::lol: )

Hmmm .. do I have the right to correct again your mistakes, you guys ?
oh,please please please pleeeeeeeeeease !! ^^

*clears her throat*

sorry ... I hope I won't be taken just for a teacher or someone loving to point out the mistakes of others but ... :

Helène : future takes an "e" in english
",I 'm impatient for waiting your next writing." => "to wait for your text" would be better, but the most common expression would be "I'm looking forward your next writing"
(and by the way, I hope you'll find pleasure reading in english : it's so wonderful to read directly in the author's language ! and I'll also to write it rapidly; I'm just looking for a subject in fact ... maybe Snake ? would be fun to write about him in english ...)

Phylla (you don't mind my correcting I hope ? ...)
asks me => every third person singular takes an "s" (though it's a past tense .. maybe "asked me" would even be better)
"what I'm suppose to write", no ? did you mean that did not know what you could write ?
but there were not so much mistakes as you see, and it had sense ^^ maybe you could write something about ... dunno. I'm already supposed to find something for me so ...^^

Hakkrat, "faster" is correct, not "more fast" Wink

Wow, thanks a lot everybody to take time to go there. I'll try not to disapoint my public !

*Morrigan's ankles are growing so huge that she can't walk anymore and is forced to remain sat at her desk and write*

that way I won't have any excuses ::lol:
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:18

Thanks for your correcting my lord !

I will write a text about dunno (I don't know what it means ! ::lol: ), of course, but ... One day. cat
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:28

Oh my God, how could I make this huge mistake ? :pend:

Indeed, I remember that fast is special, because we do not say "fastly" (and I believed we do not say "faster"). However, we are allowed to say "quickly", "swiftly", "rapidly"... but not "fastly".

Strange, isn't it ?
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:36

"faster" is used as far as I know ...

Phylla, "dunno" is just the contraction for "I don't know" ::lol: (sorry to use it without explaining ..)
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:37

Oh my God, shame on me ! ::lol:

Anyway, a text about "dunno" will be interesting ... No ?
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 20:48

Yes,it would be a very good subject ... When do you begin ? geek
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 21:01

Oh I dunno ! geek

Now, I write a texte for the Role play, so, wait wait ...
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 21:09

great ! and I'm doing the one in english so you can be safe ofr a time ^^
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 21:23

Future future no future no future future no future future future no future no no future future future future no future
::wall:: future, I won't forget it in... future,above all wasn 't I a punk?And the rallying word was : no future
precisely affraid
Thanks a lot for those new and interesting explainations ,cause it's so important to know the appropriated expressions to be able to be understood... . Dunno is also for me a nice discovery,Morrigan,you are our kindly teatcher cheers

It's time for me to say you Phylla, that as morrigan I'm also looking forward your next writing...Oh! yes!! you safe of a time cause we wait first for the Morrigan's one.But, why didn't you read my joke poem :little mop?I don't know why but Iwas thinking of you when I wrote it...
And I wanted you there to have the fun to show you my past of Hippy...
cause Victor said me you understood I'm one of those....What I'm gone a be in the future?
devil2 Me... I dunno...

Dernière édition par Hélène le Dim 30 Nov 2008 - 21:49, édité 4 fois
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 21:35

Oh, I love "dunno" in fact ^^ I couldn't resist telling it yo you xD
And I finally did it ! just for you, you know ^^
So : just one thing : seven feet high is around "2 mètres" (a little bit more).
just see if you enjoy ::rolling:: and if you're kind ... who knows ? there sould be a rest !

It was all very dark when he finally recognized his path. He was walking in a narrow lane between two huge buildings behind the hotel. Out of breath the man stood still and looked around him. It was quiet. No one had followed him.
It had not been easy to escape from the trap for he had even been shot in the shoulder. The blood continued to flow from his wound, aching him so very much that for a moment he almost fainted. He stretched out his arm and grabbed the nearest pillar. He could not allow himself one moment of rest; the other could come any time …
The man raised his head as he heard a noise. Something very light, as if it would only have been the fall of a feather but it sounds deeply to his hears. Instantly on guards, he turned towards the direction he thought the noise came from, but only found darkness.
Now quite nervous, he widely opened his eyes and started looking more closely to his surroundings. Again, he could not see anything but a whistle began. Barely audible first, then louder, and finally strident.
Sssssssssssssssssssssss …
He turned round the moment when another person came. It would be better to say that he jumped from the closest roof and landed smoothly in a threatening silence. The man in himself was rather unfriendly at first sight. He should be around seven feet high, his broad shoulders restricted in his long, dark red coat.
The newcomer strangely looked at him with a large smile that made him tremble with fear. There was something in this man that was not natural …
' Nisse weather, isn't it ? ' he said in a deep voice. 'Are you losst, maybe? '
The smile of the man in red widened and as he was doing so, the fugitive caught a glimpse of a cold metallic shining in his mouth

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Jeu 18 Déc 2008 - 18:45, édité 4 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 22:17

You write perfectly the begining of a crime novel,I was quite interested
by that dark atmosphere ;I must take the dictionary of course but it's a pleasure to learn that way, you made it easier than your first text for us without keeping your lovely style .Go on my dear Morrigan, what a suspense you made!
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 22:25

Well, it's more based on the character I partly created, Snake (that you can also discover in the text in french that I poster in the SF section ::rolling:: ) It was not especially meant to be a crime novel - more some kind of a science fiction one, but it's more understandable if you have read the other text ... Snake is not a criminal, in fact he's mostly fighting crime (in his way Razz ) ...

And it is more comprehensible, I think, first because I made it that way, without preparatory work, because it's shorter and also because of the fact that I wrote it quickly I used less complicated vocabulary ...

Glad that you liked it though Very Happy
(and by the way, you can imagine Snake almost looking like my avatar ... can you imagine the fear of this poor man, seeing him appeared in the dark that way ? ::lol: )
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 22:42

Oh! My goddess!!!It's horrific! affraid
Some days ago ,I've seen your novel of S. F but sincerely I was too much tired for reading it before,and I'll change that tomorrow whith a lot of pleasure!
Morrigan
modératrice
Morrigan

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 30 Nov 2008 - 22:44

there's no hurry. it's just to give you an idea of the character and the situation in fact, to help you understand the whole better. do not feel obliged Wink

but yeah ... I woulnd't like to be in his position late at night xD (though I love my character but he's a bit terryfing in fact ^^)

Dernière édition par Morrigan le Jeu 18 Déc 2008 - 18:44, édité 1 fois
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 1 Déc 2008 - 14:00

Hum, it's funny how we need to speak a foreign language in order to communicate. When I was leaving in San Diego we were most of the time with foreigners like us and now that we are back to France we are craving to meet americans. Hasta la vista...
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 1 Déc 2008 - 20:32

I red the text writen by Morrigan and "little mop !" Hélène ! Smile

I like your poem hélène,always so funny your papers ... Anyway, I'm impatient of know your past of Hippi ! (I got a good gaze for those things ! geek )

So, your text Morrigan is very strange, I did not understand everything, but the ultimate sentence is very ... significant ? geek

I hope not have make any faults ... See later !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Do you write in english?   Do you write in english? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Do you write in english?
Page 2 sur 5Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant